Monday, April 11, 2011

Celebration of the souls combine, our lives fulfilled. Summer. Cock.

I try to become the best at what I do. It's an egotistical thing. I am a poet, in both terminology and bodily. However that comes across to you, my beautiful readers, is your own. Your own what? Fuck you I'm not your nanny. Do I look like- Okay I'm getting off topic here. What I've been trying to put into words but with suave has hidden it with distracting text to make my post seem that much bigger is, that I want to better myself day by day, challenging whatever boundaries I set for myself. Sure I'm as green as it gets and there are tons out there who could probably dominate me in every possible way. But fuck them, I'll get better, and show their shit that I can rock a kitchen like no other. I can probably adapt to my surroundings more so than most people, and get a kitchen going in days. I've always been thrown into the fire, hoping that I'll come out alive. And I always do. I've never once cracked under pressure, because I never let it get to me. I'm battle hardened for a greenhorn, but I know that I have my limits and I dare myself to break them each and every waking moment. I will make it my fucking promise to the world and to everyone I've ever known that I'll make a name for myself. Whether it be owning a restaurant, leading a kitchen, hosting a show, or just cooking better than anyone you know, it will happen. I'm cocky sure, but my humility and simplicity is what will be key to molding my future.



I've worked with many people who till this day struggle day to day with new ideas and crafts that change their entire being. They are slowly becoming the masters they want to become. I've also worked with those who can't seem to find their place in the culinary underbelly, and lose themselves in the disarray of hollandaise and that gorgeous fresh oyster. People can become monsters, devils even in the kitchen. And some are left to become the cowards they set themselves out to be. You can't expect the shark infested water to be safe if you've an open wound. So is the same when you jump into a busy kitchen with no confidence. If you're hesitant, and somewhat reluctant to try a style unknown to yours, you will not succeed. The kitchen is somewhat different than what is perceived on television. In traditional kitchens where there is a brigade of some sort, you will have the chef yell orders and the team call out, "YES CHEF!" every now and then. In more relaxed kitchens, you'll have a chef, but no sign of ass kissery in sight. Not to say calling out, "Yes Chef!" is wrong or anything, but to each his own. I myself have no problem with seniority, and no problems at all with following orders from another person.

That's what I find wrong with some cooks. They think that because they're young and willing and full of energy, that they should own their own fucking Michelin star restaurant with San Pellegrino waiting to suck your cock. Wrong bitch, get some skin fried and those fingers burnt. Cry when you get yelled at the first time because you dropped a tray of foie gras medallions on the floor. Scream in pain when you save that perfect jus by resting the almost felled pan on your arm (personal experience, and one that I laugh at from time to time). Become one with your kitchen. Float around, ask to do more tasks, play with ingredients when the chef's not looking. Request to make staff meal and surprise him/her. Become something, someone. Make a name for yourself, as will I. These are tips I am giving as well as taking in myself. I am my own teacher, because with trial and error, you get knowledge and mastery. Don't be fooled, I can barely butcher fish or meats for that matter. But give me a fillet, and I'll make your mouth water. Not by fancy methods shown on Iron Chef. But by cultural traditions that I have seen during my path to chefdom.

I plan to take some time off some day, to places unknown, learning the old ways of cooking. I want simplicity to run through my veins and to showcase the food as it's supposed to be. Not by masking it with sauces I can't pronounce. Sure, visual and trendy foods are now becoming a force to recognize, but rustic old world foods are making a huge comeback. When I mean simplicity, I don't mean mixed green salads, Caesars, or fucking tenderloin steak and shrimp. Fuck that. I mean freshly made pastas, scratch made stocks and sauces, salads made with greens and vegetables I prepared and not already in a bag and ready. Fish that was freshly caught and whole, so that I'll be the one who makes love to it as I butcher it. Poultry and meats that are not ready to serve, because what the hell is the point in calling myself a chef, if I can't even cut a fucking steak? The lack of talent and hard skin is showing more and more every day because people want extremely simple foods. Society is sacrificing flavor, love and effort for healthy, pre mixed greens and vegetables that wouldn't be served in a tv dinner because they want to look good for summer. Bitch, look good all year, summer's not an exception. Don't butcher my passion because you feel afraid to eat food made from the heart. That's why when I do open a restaurant, the food is going to be made the way I want you to eat it. If you don't respect that or understand that I would be putting my all into every dish, then I wouldn't really want you as a customer. And I'm not saying that in the mean way. Wait. Yes I am, fuck off.

No comments:

Post a Comment