Monday, October 3, 2011

Fork me in the ass, I'm forking tired. Wouldn't mind a quick fork though, maybe in your forking house beside your forking table. Forking. Fork.

New job. Wicked. My brain is moving at speeds unknown, which is most likely slow because I feel like I can't think anymore for the rest of my life. I've worked long hours before, sometimes 100+ in a week, so this isn't new to me. It doesn't usually bug me, unless the people I work for are jackasses. Luckily that hasn't been the case for a long time, so I'm grateful for that. My new bosses are just the tits. Both brothers, both young and both willing to joke around. But you know me, I take things to the next level, I annoy. Shouldn't really be proud of that, but heck, we're all still getting to know each other, I promise I'll grow on them. If not, I'll probably be crucified or worse - shunned. Like Jesus with everyone in Jerusalem. He didn't give two shits about being nailed, but when it came to attention, he soaked it all up. Imagine if no one listened to him and he just got executed. Oh wait. Anyways, life's looking a bit better nowadays, nowhere near as crummy as the past couple of months, and my hair is getting there. Unfortunately I seem to lack hair in some areas on my face, which is stalling my Amish beard. Dammit.




Restaurants always have a way of attracting me, although I have these sudden bursts of curiosity. "Try something new!", my brain would tell me. Well, fuck you, brain. I don't really know what I want to do with my career to be honest. I would love nothing more to open my own place, and have a kickass crew just hauling shit till the sun goes down. Yeah, that would be badass. Everyone would be required to have a nickname, and different attire. I would most likely just hire friends, so that way I know how they cook/work. I would probably hire an old Italian guy too just to mix things up and call him the 'Rasta-Pasta Mastah'. Maybe let him wear his hair in dreads. There are so many different things to do in the restaurant industry and there are always people willing to set the bar for something 'different'. The place I'm working at now, The Good Fork, is doing just that. I can guarantee that if the owners stay on their path and do not sway, that the place will become a gem within the year or two.

The food's good, real good. The atmosphere is welcoming, unlike the prior restaurant it used to be. Thank god they god rid of that shitty orange-Pizza Pizza-lookalike set up. The new owners, both young guys, eager and willing to make the best of experiences for people. The staff, rambunctious and sassy, but some of the cooler cats I've had the chance to know. Most of all though, working with the chef/owner, I feel like I've known him forever. Only two years my senior, he's someone I need to talk to for advice, cause hell if he can get that place running at that age, I should be able to do it too......right? Hopefully, but in the meantime, I'll devout myself to these guys, they seem rad enough. I just can't wait until the place gets busier, which it will undoubtedly become. It has that air of a staple restaurant. I just hope they don't get bored of it and sell it, cause I'll be buying.

Alas, everything is looking towards the new sun. I may be in debt, and have money woes just like everyone else, but I can clearly see a future in this place. Jumping the gun obviously, but I can just feel it. I have a knack for these things. There are always those split second thoughts I get from time to time, but it has yet to happen when it usually does during the first week. Odd. Haven't felt this way since Brassaii. Speaking of which, once I get my shit together, I got to make a whole bunch of trips and visits. There are too many people I've yet to see and friends I haven't hung out with in awhile. You know who you are. I love you guys, and your support is always appreciated. As I try and stall this blog entry to make it look like I wrote a whole bunch of crap, I realize that my back hurts and I'm due for another 12 hours of sleep. Until next time, check me out at The Good Fork, just at Jane and Bloor, 2432 Jane Street. I promise a homemade meal you'll talk to your friends about. Good night!

2 comments:

  1. I'll actually visit this one...eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Give it a few months...soon enough the owners will be dicks and totally screw you over!

    No-one understand you man...your genius is out of this world!!!

    ReplyDelete